Wednesday, July 09, 2008

So, whadda ya think?

I've had a lot of Computer Repair business lately.. enough to basically pay for a new Quad Core rendering/editing/graphics machine. I haven't done much with growing my company this year as most of my work comes by word of mouth through friends and family. No advertising... yet.

I had someone ask me the other day if I had any business cards, so without further adieu.. here is my first stab at one. Let me know what you think! Is it too busy? Too much info? Not enough? Looks like poopy? Don't hold back, constructive criticism would be most appreciated.. I'm a big boy, I can take it.

And before anyone asks... I do not have a web presence yet. I have hosting setup through a friend and I'm getting ready to lock in a few domains. I will add the website address when I get that up and running. As I come up with alternates I will add them to this post.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive read this somewhere else.


loans for people with bad credit

Angela James said...

I see a lot of business cards in my line of work, and I've noticed that I don't read anything that's too busy or has too much information. So if you handed me the first one, I'd glance at it, since the background takes over the info, I wouldn't absorb any of it, and I'd tuck it away.

I like the second one the best, for its simplicity. It's easy to assimilate the information, and especially the important info at just a glance, without anything taking away from that.

the third one is fine, but I'm not crazy about introducing purple in there on top of red, yell, blue and black. I think I might even light the second one even more if there were less colors. But like I said, I like the simple, elegant cards the best.

fireflymom said...

Design suggestions: I would limit the font choices to 2 and limit the color palette. Try not to have text sizes compete either. You might want to downsize some of the text so that you have a little more negative or white space on the card. You could also take out some of the asterisks. They seem to be the first thing I keep staring at on the cards. Version 2 is my choice. Let me know if yo need any design help. Can't help it, I have a BFA...

MelissaW said...

I like #3....I think the line separates things a little bit, while still looking professional. Good luck!