Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's a Gas

I work in a big open room with cubicles with about 6 people. I am right next to the main plotter here at work, so nearly everyone in the office at some point of the day comes back here for something.

So yesterday afternoon, somebody drops a bomb in the plotter area. I mean it sounded like a cartoon fart... just that comical sound and all that. So me figuring it was Ed or Eric I say "GOOOT!" pretty loud to no response. A few seconds later I realize it was my only boss who lacks a sense of humor. It was pretty awkward to me at the time, he didn't say anything and just headed back up to the front where his office is. Then I figured why do I feel embarrassed? I'm not the one who sounded like they just shit their pants.

3 comments:

Maria said...

I may have died and quit my job. This is why it is best for me to stay at home!

Anonymous said...

how is job security at your place?
Might not be a good time to laugh at the boss...ha ha!!

but really....how much do you have to worry about being laid off?? I'm worried about the future for everybody!

Judie

Chad said...

funny you say that, just yesterday the big boss called a 4:55 meeting yesterday to give us some news. That the board met with our accountant and that the company is in good financial health, that nobody is in danger of being layed off and that christmas bonuses were approved!

So yay for all of that