Friday, July 13, 2007

Glutton for Punishment

I have a semi-big yard now.. it's going to be awesome when it's finished.. but as it stands now it has huge holes in it (we call them craters) and I am in the process of filling them with topsoil. I ordered 8 cubic yards to get things started, but the guy couldn't finagle his truck to dump it in the middle of the holey area... so now I'm stuck shoveling 5 gallon bucket load at a time. I've got about half of them filled.. the only ones left are the huge ones, and I need to have them all filled in for when we have the boatload of kids over to celebrate Holden's birthday next weekend (July 21st).. it needs to be flat so we can have a nice spot in the middle of the yard to place the Moon Bounce we are renting.

I'm also feeling rather handy and a bit cheap I guess, and have decided to build my kids an awesome swingset/fort in the backyard as well. I have been working on the plans in AutoCAD and I am going to start buying the wood and begin building as soon as I get a chance... probably won't be until after the new little one (Judah or Penelope).

No comments: