Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Great American Lawn

My neighbor just returned from over 1 year in Iraq, while he was gone his wife did an admirable job maintaining the house and yard last summer. Well since returning home he has proceeded to kick his lawns ass. He cut down all these nasty bushes in the backyard that Maria was trying to get me to cut down, (even thought I told her they were not in our yard, she still wanted me to do it!). I had just cut our yard a few days previous.. but he cuts his down to about half the height of mine, in the process making this house look like the house of a slob who is lowering standards in the neighborhood.

So you know what I did about it? I got out our new Craftsman LT2000 Lawn Tractor w/ 42" deck and cut my effing lawn down to bare dirt in the front yard... that'll show him! You may be a real American Hero "Mr. Neighbor", but I'm ready for you!

*Pumps Fist*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Romans Ch. 1 (I think it is) Paul talks about people who have exchanged worship for the Creator to the things created. This verse speaks specifically of our neighbor. He worships his lawn. He cuts is 1/4th the size of ours, goes out there and sprays Roundup or some Nazi-chemical on every little dandelion and bows down and kisses the feet of his lawn. I can't prove it, but I'm convinced that he intentionally cuts it when he sees me out there struggling with our beat push-mower. Man it's hard to love my neighbor.

Chad said...

my neighbor let me borrow his electric hedge trimmer... that pushed me over the hedge.

harhar!

Unknown said...

Not smart to publish your address online! Now everyone knows where to go to steal your nice new riding mower!

Chad said...

only people with devious minds like you Hope. I might have to track you down to 123 Apple Lane in Boston Mass. and teach you a lesson ;-)