Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Minefields

So Maria and I are on the *new* school year schedule. Holden has his first day of Pre-K at the "big boy" school right up the street from us tomorrow. As a part of our new schedule Maria got up when I do to get herself ready (while I make the kids waffles, french toast sticks, or cereal), so in turn she would have enough time to get the kids ready while I took a shower a bit later.

We have a new puppy, her name is Nina, she's a black lab... about 4 months old. Her and Lucas (our other dog) have really bonded and are having a lot of fun together (as much fun as biting each others tails and ears can be). Well Nina is not housebroken yet, so we keep her and Luke locked in the kitchen to make it easier to clean up any accidents Nina may have. Lately she has been doing really good, I think 3 out of the past 4 mornings have been mess free. Just as I think we've turned a corner, I come downstairs this morning to a veritable diarrhea minefield in the kitchen.. with a bit of cat food throw-up and peed-on doggy bed to act as the cherry on top.

Probably took me about 25 minutes to clean it all up.. and even after that I wasn't satisfied and pulled out the mop & bucket and went over it a second time with that.

I think I'm going to invent a doggy diaper and all my problems will melt away like snow. On a brighter note, only 33 days till Dexter season 3 premiere.

No comments: