Monday, April 14, 2008

Need vs. Want

OK, we have a semi large yard that needs to be mowed quite frequently. We have 2 banged up mowers both Murray (went out of business about 5 years ago). We got the push mower free from family and it works well enough, but then we bought a Murray riding mower last year for $100. We bought that mower from our Church's yardsale and the money went into building a church down in Guatemala, so really the mower was a bonus. Well, I finally got the chance to work on it this past week and got it running pretty good and the deck engages and it's ready to cut... only problem is the damn mower won't shift into any gears.. just stuck in neutral.

So I NEED a riding lawnmower to cut my yard... my busted up rider NEEDS a new transmission.

I want THIS

We have a sears card with plenty of credit and would have until next April to pay it off. I would make room in the big shed to park it after every use. This post is an attempt to convince my boss to let me get one and sell the red abomination in the driveway. Help save me from push mowing the whole yard for another summer... Help me convince her~!

OH, and guess what... the monkeys were lost in shipping and new ones have been dispatched to take their place. Thanks Justin for rhymin' and stealin' my kids toys!

6 comments:

Tember said...

The one you want is even on SALE! You need it for sure.

Chad said...

well.. because of you Tem I am getting it this week! But in order for me to get this I had to get maria something.

We are doing are part to spend our economic stimulus.

Tember said...

Good, the economy was relying on your purchases to alleviate the risk of a recession. Thanks ;-)

Thats awesome though. Wanna race my new mower against yours?

fireflymom said...

I'm no help. My husband refuses to buy a ride-on mower and I think our yard might be bigger than yours in total. We're the only people in our neighborhood with a push mower...

Chad said...

Same here, we are/were the only people on our street without a riding mower. Supposed to pick it up today...

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I own a Murray riding mower that looks just like the one you posted. Do you still own yours? Would you like to sell it? Mine runs great, but is starting to need some parts that are hard to find.