Friday, June 01, 2007

The Hizzle

I promised some pics and commentary on the fruitland house about 2 months ago, and I'm going to try and deliver on that promise sometime soon. There is still so much left to do.. random details and a few major things, and we are also in the midst of getting a home equity loan to consolidate our debt and possibly build an addition to the house (a new master bedroom area w/ walk-in closet & master bath & 2 more bedrooms upstairs).

Holden asks me all the time "why did you build my house daddy?".. and I give him the honest answer "so you'd have somewhere to sleep and play", and then he always tells me he likes his house... which is pretty sweet coming from a 2 year old. He's growing up so fast now, he dosen't pitch a fit anymore when I put him in bed for the night. He used to bang on his door or manage a way to open it and would sit on the stairs listening to us in the living room. It's the greatest feeling now that I don't have to work on the house constantly and miss all the time with my kids. Pearl & Larry are also quite awesome in their own ways. I'll have special blogs on each one of them in the coming week.


Maria seems to think I was born with a hammer in my hand.. I'm not so sure I'm up for another major project that will inevitably go way over budget in both time and money. But we'll see... it will be weird to tell others that we have a 6 bedroom 2-1/2 bath house when it is all said and done.

We thought our cats were goners. During the night, Otis and Abraham escaped through a vent shaft in the kitchen (actually a window.. they popped out the screen and jumped 12 feet to the freedom field below). Abraham came back a lunch time the next day, but Otis made the most of his time carousing and didn't come back until almost 9pm the next day. I was just about to head out to look for him on some of the backroads newr our house when I saw him in the backyard. Maria freaked out and was ready to call the shelter and make reward signs. I knew he'd come back, he's my dawg yall.

Oh snap! It's lunch time.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You're handy--I just like to put that to good use!