Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mud Boggin'

So I'm working at the house last night, trying to get everything finished up for our inspection, when I look out and see my neighbor driving his truck through his backyard. He just bought one of those Toyota FJ suv/station wagon thingys and I guess he was itchin' for some off-road action.

With all the rain from the nor'easter (he had a foot deep pond in his back yard) he managed to get his pretty little truck stuck around 9pm or so. Me and Jake laughed and said "dumb ass" at almost the same time. You feel bad for the guy, cause I mean.. who hasn't got their FJ stuck in the mud before? We kept on working and would occasionally look out the window to check on the situation.

I would have helped him if he came over and asked, but I didn't want to get out in that wind and cold and rain if I didn't have to. A little after midnight he came over to borrow a rope, and I laughed a little bit because the only rope I had was really weak, but he was thankful and him and his roommates continued in their struggle to free the FJ.

About an hour after that I heard the "beep, beep, beep" of a tow truck... who couldn't pull him out either (he was in the middle of this pond, that was about 80 feet from solid ground).

Somehow he got it out, as when I woke up it was gone. That or the boogidty monster stoled it!

2 comments:

Jason h said...

I really like your blog!

Anonymous said...

it sank - went down like the ol' titanic!