Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It Was Dang Cold Out

So the other night Maria comes back home from a trip to Baltimore. She had already made inside the house with Pearl and I ran out to help unload the car and bring Delilah inside. On my way back from the car to the house with my first armfull of stuff I see Maria is on her way from the house to get stuff from the car too. I get up to the front door and it's locked... the kids had managed to lock the deadbolt and Maria and I were stuck on a cold rainy night on our front porch. We started banging on the door and asking Larry or Pearl to unlock the door (since it was probably Larry who did it), but they had no idea what those crazy people outside were up to. We kept banging and yelling for the kids to open the door (we were surprised none of our neighbors heard us and came outside to see what all the ruckus was about).

So at this point we've been outside only about 5-10 minutes.. but we have Delilah with us on the porch and it's really cold. So I run around the side of the house to try and get Holden's attention, he's upstairs in the office playing a game on the computer. So I yell for him as loud as I can to look out the window at me.. and he does, but dosen't see me and goes back behind the curtain to his computer game. I yell for him again (this time jumping around like a fool waving my arms). It's pitch black on this side of the house but he eventually sees me the second time and realizes what I'm saying.

Holden comes down and effortlessly unlocks the deadbolt and lets us in. That little guy comes in handy every now and then ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holden = hero