Monday, January 07, 2008

I Should Have Gone All In

Maria and I were driving around running errands and going shopping when we somehow got into a discussion about Gout. Maria said something like this "Isn't gout what sailors get on their necks? It's a big lump on your neck!"

I start laughing hysterically and tell her it's a foot problem and it hurts really bad, and that my uncle has/had it and told me all about it.

Maria at this point tells me how dumb I am and that I'm totally wrong (negating the fact that I'm usually right when we get into an argument about totally random things (like her thinking that cheese wiz came in the aerosol can.. it's not EZ Cheese, it comes in a glass jar.)

We are both highly competitive (in a friendly wifely/huserbandly type of way) and alway are like "We'll Google it when we get home", or we make monetary bets (sharing the same checking/savings accounts makes that funny) but this Gout issue wouldn't wait. I guess it was my joking about "What's that on your neck? I think it might be Gout!" that made her brake down and call her father. She calls him up and asks him what gout is.. telling him she thinks it's something that happens to your neck. He laughs and says no.. it's mainly feet related.. you're thinking of a goiter. We both bust out laughing and I hold my hands over my head for keeping my streak alive (and almost hitting a curb).

It ends up that she confused Gout for Goiter & Goiter for Scurvy. (do your best pirate.. arrrrrr!) lol

No comments: