Monday, November 13, 2006

So You Think You Can Play The Guitar?

I've been thinking lately that I want a nice cheap little acoustic guitar. Like a nice Yamaha or something. I love playing air guitar and actually used to play the bass guitar with my old roommate, who is now a rock star (albeit still somewhat minor) in the band alesana.

Fast forward a few weeks and my wife says "what do you want for Christmas"... I say without hesitation "A Yamaha acoustic guitar". "But you don't play the guitar" she says. "But I want to learn how" I shoot back. "I'm not buying you a guitar, they are too expensive" she retorts. "Well, then I'll just get my good buddy Jim Perdue to buy me one." I say.

I taste test chicken a few times a week and get paid $20 a pop for eating a few chicken nuggets or something and telling them what I think. It think it averages out to around $3 per bite or something along those lines. Next time I go in I'll count my bites and come up with an official number. I could save this money up to buy my guitar, but it's my allowance money. I get to eat out with my co-workers and put gas in my car with it. Without this money I would have no friends at work and would have to ride my bike.

I have a dream of me playing the guitar and my son Holden being my sole backup dancer. I might even consider having Kevin Freeloa.... I mean Federline come over to show him some moves. Maybe even rap in my songs with his funky nice rhymes. It could be awesome, fo sho

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I almost spit my beverage on the screen when I read the part about Holden being a "sole backup dancer"...keep it up man.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.