Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Keeping Up With The Joneses

I always like to at least stay within earshot of the cutting edge when it comes to electronics and geeky stuff, it's what I like. I have been wanting a HDTV for a good while now, and while I understand that since we have cable we don't need to upgrade anything to get ready for the digital switchover, that doesn't make me want one any less.

A few days ago I ordered this for my PC, a HDTV Tuner Card that will allow me to watch digital tv and analog tv right on my computah. I had to go dig out my rabbit ears last night and try this puppy out. I couldn't find the power cord for my old aplified tv antenna, so my signal was dropping in and out, but once I found a nice position I got about 5 HD channels over the air. Watched a bit of Jericho.. then my jaw really dropped when I watched some Letterman. It was just so damn sharp and clear... looking forward to watching some sports on it later in the year.

I think down the road I am going to build a home theater pc and it's going to use one of these cards.

College basketball is in full swing now.. the glory of the bracket. I'm in a large work pool for this... Kansas and UCLA FTW!

No comments: