Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bank On It

So I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and all that good stuff. The kids had a blast , acutally at times it was probably a little overwhelming. We couldn't fit all the kids loot into the big honking expedition to bring home with us.

Maria, Hope and I went to our local IKEA megastore earlier today to go spend some of that Christmas money we received. I pull up to a branch of our bank that we've never been to so I could deposit the cash into our account. I walk into this new bank and I looked around a minute and something was missing. There was one lady working at a tiny little round table with a computer and a smile. She welcomed me and probaby took joy in the confused look I had on my face. So I wander on to the back where the deposit slips are and start filling all that good stuff out. I get done with that and now I have to figure out if this is a real bank or not because it looks like there are just a bunch of kiosks with TVs everywhere (well, not everywhere.. but like 6 of them.

So I go up to one of them and out pops one of these drive-up banking tube cylinders (you know, the type where you put your checks and slips and license and it gets sucked up the tube). So I put my cizash into the tube and off it goes, flying up into the ceiling. No idea if people other than the smiling lady work here. Next to the tube is a phone and there is a tv screen in the middle. I'm wondering if I gotta pick up the phone or something until a nice lady pops up on the screen to welcome me to the bank and asks me if I need anything else.

So this is probably gonna get rolled out to more and more banks. I can see why too, there is no way for a bank robber to get to anyone at this bank. It's just a shame that our world is becoming so impersonal though :(

No comments: